Mould steel is used in the world in many fields. Its strenght and resistance is better during the using process. 1.2344 is a kind of pressure resistant hot work tool and die steel. The electroslag remelting of the steel is of uniform material, good hardenability, excellent mechanical and polishing properties, high toughness and plasticity, good high and low temperature wear resistance, and high temperature fatigue and heat resistance.
1. uniform material, excellent machinability and polishing properties
2. excellent high toughness and high plasticity
3. High wear resistance strength in low temperature high temperature
4. Excellent integrity
5. Good high temperature strength and thermal fatigue resistance
6. good at extremely low distortion
7. compared with the traditional steel to better, the the direction has excellent toughness and plasticity.
according to the ASTM E45 A, A = 0.5 B oxide, sulfide, C silicate and D spherical oxide each less than or equal to 1 or DIN 50602-K1 10 or according to customer requirements.
Steel production status
softening, annealing, good microstructure, hardness up to 229HB, or quenching and tempering to customer requirements.
Specification for isothermal annealing
The annealing temperature (850 + 10) C, 2h insulation, furnace cooling to (720 + 10) 4H C, thermal insulation, furnace cooling to 500 DEG C, followed by air cooling, the hardness is less than or equal to 229HBW.
Specification for high temperature tempering
Tempering temperature (730 + 10) C, 2h insulation, furnace cooling all is smaller than 500 DEG C, followed by air cooling.
Specification for quenching and tempering
Quenching temperature of 850 ~880 DEG C, oil cold, hardness 50 ~52HRC; tempering temperature 580 ~640 degrees C, baked air cold, hardness 28 ~36HRC
Specification for pre hardening treatment
The heating temperature of 860 DEG C ~900, oil cooling, tempering temperature of 570 ~70O ~ C, air cooling, tempering hardness of 28~35HRC.
1. Density: 7.31g/cm
2. Coefficient of linear expansion:
Temp. 18 ~100℃/18 ~200°C/18 ~300°C/18 ~400°C/18 ~500°C/18 ~600℃/18 ~700℃, 11.9 ×10K/12.20 ×10K/12. 50×10K/12. 81 ×10K/13.11 ×10K/13.41×10K/13.71×10K
3. Modulus of elasticity: Temp. 20°C 212000MPa, the shear modulus (room temp.) 825000MPa, Poisson's ratio 0.288
4. Thermal conductivity: Temp. 20℃/100℃/200°C/300°C/400°C, thermal conductivity 36.0 [W/ (m·K)] /33.4[W/ (m·K)]/31.4[W/ (m·K)]/30.1[W/ (m·K)]/29.3[W/ (m·K)]
Chemical composition content
ASTM A388-FBH max.3mm(1/8inch) or SEP 1921test group3-ciassE, or by customer’s requirements
1. die casting die (die, fastener, upper die, nozzle, nitriding thimble)
2. extrusion die (die, support stop block)
3. hot pressing die (aluminium, magnesium, copper alloy)
4. parts, such as cold shearing, flying edge, hot shearing and wearing parts
USA: AISI H13